- Galaxy S7/S7 edge owners: Tap [Settings] > [Backup and reset] or [Cloud and accounts] > [Smart Switch] to open Smart Switch Mobile. * Smart Switch Mobile is already preloaded on Galaxy S7/S7 edge device.
▣ Smart Switch gives you the freedom to move your contacts, music, photos, calendar, text messages, device settings and more to your new Galaxy device. Plus, Smart Switch™ helps you find yourfavorite apps or suggest similar ones on Google Play™.
▣ Who can transfer? • Android™ owners - Wireless transfer: Android 4.0 or higher - Wireless transfers from a compatible Android device to Galaxy device: Android 4.0 or higher (Galaxy device must support a ‘Mobile AP’ function to allow content to be transferred.) - Wired transfer: Android 4.3 or higher, charger cable, and a USB connector
• iOS™ owners - use the option that’s best for you: - Wired transfer from your iOS device to your Galaxy: iOS 5.0 or above, iOS device cable (lightning or 30 pin), and a USB connector - Import from iCloud™: iOS 4.2.1 or higher and Apple ID - PC/Mac transfer using iTunes™: Smart Switch PC/Mac software – Get started http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
• BlackBerry™ owners - Wireless transfers: BlackBerry OS 7 or 10 (Mobile AP) - Wired transfer from your BlackBerry device to your Galaxy: BlackBerry OS 7 or 10 for transfers via USB connector
• Windows™ Mobile owners - Wireless transfers: Windows OS 8.1 or 10 * Note: For more information and step-by-step directions, go to http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
▣ What can be transferred? - Contacts, calendar(Device content only), messages, photos, music (DRM free content only, Not supported for iCloud), videos (DRM free content only), call logs, memos, alarms, Wi-Fi, wallpapers,documents, app data (Galaxy devices only), home layouts (Galaxy devices only) - You can send app data and home layouts by upgrading your Galaxy device to M OS (Galaxy S6 or higher). * Note: Smart Switch scans and transfers content stored on the device and from the SD card (if used).
▣ Which devices are supported? • Galaxy: Recent Galaxy mobile devices and tablets (From Galaxy S2) * Note: For Galaxy S2, old OS (GB/ICS) version can cause incompatibility. If your S2 does not work properly, please try after firmware update.
* Note: For reasons such as compatibility between devices, it may not be possible to install and use Smart Switch on certain devices. If you are using a wired connection, your device must support a'Transferring media files (MTP)' USB option to allow content to be transferred.